Monday, February 9, 2009

What are you waiting for?


Waiting!! Does this word make an echo inside you? For me, it certainly does. All of my life I have been waiting; waiting for something to happen, waiting for things to have; waiting for people to walk into my life, waiting for others to walk away, waiting for me to take the next step and keep on waiting and waiting till my fate takes this step for me or at least minimize my options. I was like this till I suddenly realized that by this, I am waiting for something to happen, so I can start living, though my life already started a long time ago…

Right then I decided that I am done waiting. I learned that if I want something, I shouldn’t wait for the next week, day or even five minutes. I will do it right now. It is like magic, when you suddenly realize that there is no time that you are wasting. Suddenly every thing turned to be bright, and I started having a lot of fun. Finally, I decided to stop thinking, analyzing and planning things, and just act. It is very simple. Dreams are beautiful and relieving, but when they come true, they taste so much better.

I have seen a lot of people who wait all the time, friends, family and work colleagues. A young man who is waiting to travel abroad, a young lady who is waiting to be married, A house wife who is waiting to get pregnant, a man who is waiting for a promotion, a family who is waiting for an opportunity to move out, a couple who are waiting for their financial status to get better so they can have children, a young girl who is waiting to fall in love….And life is on pause in each case, as if nothing has a taste, or meaning unless this thing which they are waiting for happens.

I can not blame those people, I suffered from this my self. But I wish that every one would stop this bad habit. I am not saying that we should rush things, and do things without thinking, but we should avoid the paralysis phase of thinking. Always think in the direction of “SO WHAT?” Every thing you wish, for as long as it won’t cost you a constant damage, just do it. Peruse your dreams, wish for them, act to have them, but don’t wait for them to happen by themselves. If those dreams are not totally in your hand, if they depend on the existence of someone else, or if they totally depend on God (ie; Birth, Death, and Livelihood), then you have to believe in God, and believe that every thing is meant to be done at a specific time and that God has better plans for you than what you have for your self. So, just drop the fact that you are waiting for this dream to happen. Search for things which bring you joy, fulfill your needs, and explore your talents. Stay with people who care for you the most, motivate your self, and be your best friend when needed. It is beautiful when you feel self sufficient and self dependent, but it is even more beautiful when you have people to back you up and support you though you are self sufficient.

Waiting is sometimes tempting I know, it is a very comfortable escape, but you know what you are escaping from, your escaping from your life. And if you feel it is not worth living, then make it so. No one will come and make your life in the color you want to see it with. Believe me, no matter what your waiting for, it is not the clue to live the life you want to live. Life is like a puzzle, it consists of elements that you pick to form your own view of it. Whether it is bright or gloomy, whether each element is interconnected with the other, or they are not relative, whether it creates a comfy balance or a total funny chaos, it is always your choice.

2 comments:

  1. Ruru I like this one very much. But I found other solution for when it comes to fate.
    When it comes to fate, you can search for alternatives. For example, if you wish to raise your children on good and kind principles, you shouldn't wait till you get children. This really depends on your fate. You can start gathering information about how to raise children, distribute them among others, or even paractice them with others' children.
    I believe we shouldn't wait for anything to happen first before we take actions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks shosho, I understand your point of view. The point is that sometimes our mind is blank, and we can't figure out any thing but waiting, so any thing else would be useful. Having an alternative, drop it from our minds for awhile, or doing something similar to what we are waiting for. The most important thing is not to wait for a certain thing, and let years pass while waiting for it. (العمر مش بعزقة)

    ReplyDelete